I started this blog because I had read that you can make money blogging, lot's of money if you have an interesting style and the right subject. I thought that if I would write about our family miracles, and we've had a few in my opinion, and then did all of the things you have to do to create attention to your blog, that this blog could become a place where people from all walks of life could post their family's miracles, and maybe eventually I could profit from that and retire from the post office. There already is a blog where peoples miracles are posted, but they seem to be mostly famous people and I was looking to focus on regular people. Well, God had other ideas. I went down to Lake Whitney one day when I was off to mow the yard since we hadn't been down there since the 4th of July, and that was just to shoot fireworks. While there I wanted to really get in touch with God with no distractions about my blog idea. I woke up and was getting ready to start mowing after some prayer, and I put the radio on KCBI 90.9 FM at 9:00 a.m. to listen to Insight for Living with Chuck Swindoll. Chuck's show is the one that lead me to the Lord in the first place, I didn't grow up going to church, although my grandparents on both sides were big church goers. (I believe both of my grandmothers must have prayed for me). And God let me know what He thought about my idea.
Chuck's sermon was about King David, the great king of Isreal, who wanted to build a temple for God to reside in. Up till that time the Ark of the Covenant was kept in a tent. God told David that while it was nice of David to want to do that, He didn't really need a place to stay, but more than that---He didn't want David to be the one to build the temple anyway. He told David that he had blood on his hands, because David was a warrior, and wasn't the right person to build the temple. God did tell David how to design the temple and David gathered up all of the building materials for the temple, but David's son Soloman was to build the temple, which he did. I know in my heart that that message that day was also for me, that God did not want me to do a blog to make money. (I wasn't too sure about the making money thing anyway...most of the blogs that make money are about how to make money blogging.) So I'm still going to blog occasionally, but mostly just for the family...I want my kids and their families to know how God has always had my back no matter how messed up I made things.
This past week God has shown me what He wants me to do, and I have a peace and joy I have never had before. I'll tell you guys about that next time. Keep the faith!
Thursday, November 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment