Friday, September 25, 2009

Our First Miracle

The first of our family miracles involves me. When I was three years old I had a growth, a cyst in my abdomen. When it was removed it weighed 7 pounds. Can you imagine a little three year old toddler walking around with a growth near the size of a newborn baby! Now it probably helped that I was a hoss of a toddler, evidently would eat anything that was presented to me. Still I was told that my doctor, Dr. James F. Graham of Dallas was written up in the medical journals of the time. Mom and Dad never said much of anything about God or Jesus or faith, but I'll bet they were doing some praying for me. I know my grandmothers were. Now maybe it doesn't fit your definition of a miracle, but it's good enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment